West Ham offers once-in-a-lifetime experiences
PUBLISHED: 13:00 27 October 2013
A dozen West Ham fans are looking at an unforgettable Christmas after the club announced plans to make their dreams come true.
Like My Dreams is offering
To nominate someone tell the Club why they are deserving and choose an experience for them to enjoy from the following list:
• A kick-about on the Boleyn Ground pitch
• A first-team player to deliver a Christmas present
• A first-team player to visit a school assembly
• Be manager/coach for the day (on a non-matchday)
• Be mascot for a first-team match
• Be the Boleyn Ground PA announcer for a first-team match
• Go on a £100 shopping spree at a Club Store with a first-team player
• Watch a first-team match from the Directors Box
• Learn to DJ with Carlton Cole
• Learn to cook with a first-team player/England team chef Tim De’Ath
• Take a ride in Razvan Rat’s Ratmobile
• Interview a first-team player for the Official Programme
• A coaching session for a child and his/her school team
• Take a penalty against Jussi Jaaskelainen
• Play a round of golf with a first-team player(s)/coaching staff
• Go fishing with a first-team player(s)
• A training session at Chadwell Heath with coaching staff
• A recorded Christmas message from the first-team players/coaching staff
This year, for the first time, the Hammers are launching ‘Like My Dreams’, by granting once-in-a-lifetime experiences to a dozen fans of all ages who deserve something special.
The festive season is traditionally one for giving and the Club wants to give 12 worthy West Ham supporters experiences that they will never forget.
Like My Dreams takes inspiration from the lyrics of the Hammers’ world-famous anthem I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles, which is sung from the heart by fans of all ages and backgrounds.
The Club wants to hear from fans who may have a child who would like to be manager for the day, have a kick-about on the Boleyn Ground pitch or be PA announcer at a Hammers home game?
Maybe your child is bravely battling a medical condition and would benefit from the boost of a visit from a player to their hospital bed?
Perhaps your son or daughter has overcome the odds to achieve great things in the classroom and deserves a visit to their school assembly from a West Ham star?
Alternatively you can suggest a Hammers-related experience for your nominated child or adult to enjoy.
Each nomination must include the reasons why you believe that person deserves a Like My Dreams experience, details of any special requirements they may have and proof of any relevant medical condition, the nominator’s relationship with their nominee and the nominator’s full contact details (full name, daytime telephone number, postal address, email address).
The Club expects to receive a large number of nominations but will not be able to fulfil them all.
Send your nominations by email to email@example.com or by post to Like My Dreams, Media and Marketing Department, West Ham United FC, Boleyn Ground, Green Street, Upton Park, E13 9AZ.
The closing date is November 3 2013.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Newham Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.