West Ham MP bakes cakes for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Lyn Brown MP is baking cakes to raise money for a national cancer charity with a local cake sale.
Ms Brown will donate the money raised by the cakes to Macmillan Cancer Support, which is holding a Big Coffee Morning to raise funds on October 4.
The MP for West Ham will use ingredients donated by Waitrose and Tate and Lyle Sugars in Canary Wharf, where she visited last week.
Ms Brown’s charity baking, in partnership with the Women’s Institute in Forest Gate, follows the £800 she helped raise for Macmillan with a cake sale last year.
She said: “Macmillan’s Big Coffee Morning for which I am baking cakes, comes when I have a little spare time to devote to baking. “The Macmillan nurses are an amazing resource for people and their families living with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“My mum died of cancer just over two years ago and her birthday is in September. I am therefore delighted by the opportunity to work with others in Newham to raise funds for such a worthy and important cause.”
Ms Brown’s cake sale will be at Newham Dockside on Friday 4 October.
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more