West Ham festival hosts music, fete and dance ard art
A �20-a-head dinner on Saturday launches the annual West Ham Festival.
Events to follow at All Saints Church, Church Street, Stratford, include Music for a Summer’s Evening next Wednesday (22/6) at 7.30pm and a concert by guitarist Michael Fearn on June 24th.
There is a Grand Fete on Saturday June 25 from 12pm, including table top sales, bouncy castle, tombola. prize stalls, with trips to the tower, bell-ringing, and at 4.30pm a performance by the Hallsville School of Ballet.
Director of Music Jon Cullen gives an organ recital on June 29 at 7.30pm and of July 1 there is a talent show for young people with first prize �50.
On Saturday July 2 the All Saints Chorus and Orchestra perform “Elijah” by Mendelssohn (tickets �12 and �8 at the door) and the festival ends on Sunday with a Thanksgiving Service at 11am.
You may also want to watch:
During the festival there is an exhibitions of sculpture, textiles, other art including photography and works of art intended. The church will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 - 6pm.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 7 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas