West Ham festival hosts music, fete and dance ard art
A �20-a-head dinner on Saturday launches the annual West Ham Festival.
Events to follow at All Saints Church, Church Street, Stratford, include Music for a Summer’s Evening next Wednesday (22/6) at 7.30pm and a concert by guitarist Michael Fearn on June 24th.
There is a Grand Fete on Saturday June 25 from 12pm, including table top sales, bouncy castle, tombola. prize stalls, with trips to the tower, bell-ringing, and at 4.30pm a performance by the Hallsville School of Ballet.
Director of Music Jon Cullen gives an organ recital on June 29 at 7.30pm and of July 1 there is a talent show for young people with first prize �50.
On Saturday July 2 the All Saints Chorus and Orchestra perform “Elijah” by Mendelssohn (tickets �12 and �8 at the door) and the festival ends on Sunday with a Thanksgiving Service at 11am.
During the festival there is an exhibitions of sculpture, textiles, other art including photography and works of art intended. The church will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 - 6pm.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network