West Ham fans offered cut-price rail fares for home games
- Credit: Archant
West Ham supporters from five counties are to be offered discounted rail tickets on matchdays in a deal branded “fantastic” by the club’s vice-chairman.
The club has teamed up with train operators Abellio Greater Anglia to give fans outside Newham – in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire – up to 50 per cent off rail travel costs for home games.
Vice chairman Karren Brady said: “Throughout this process, we have gone to great lengths to secure the very best deals for our supporters and we are delighted to be in a position to share this fantastic deal with our loyal fans.
“Rest assured, we will continue to work closely with stakeholders across Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, as part of a vastly improved matchday experience across the board at our magnificent new home.”
The deal is split into two packages – the season ticket and the flexi ticket. With the season ticket, fans buy the their 19 return tickets in advance and, providing they travel from one of the firm’s 170 stations, will save on the overall cost.
In addition, the ticket includes free travel to all home Football League Cup, FA Cup and frienday matches during the 2016/17 season.
The flexi ticket, meanwhile, gives fans the freedom to travel to any 10 Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Stadium games during the season.
- 1 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 2 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 3 West Ham need to 'improve everything' for Forest trip says Soucek
- 4 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 5 Leyton Orient 'don't really need' Forest Green Rovers cup tie says Wellens
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 Extreme heat: Met Office issues warning as temperatures set to soar
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 10 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
Buying the 10 tickets can save the traveller up to 50pc on the cost of a super off-peak day return fare.
The offers are available from Monday, August 1 and supporters are urged to act fast as tickets must be bought before August 31.
To read more about the deal, visit abelliogreateranglia.co.uk