West Ham duo are nominated for November awards
Sam Allardyce and Carlton Cole up for npower prizes
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce and striker Carlton Cole have been nominated by for the npower Championship manager and player of the month awards for November.
The Hammers picked up 13 points out of a possible 15 last month, as they beat Hull City, Coventry City, Derby County and Middlesbrough, along with a goalless draw against Bristol City.
Those results saw the Hammers top the Championship form table for the month, along with Cardiff City, whose manager Malky Mackay is also nominated for the award.
The other two nominations for the manager prize are Derek McInnes from Bristol City and Barnsley boss Keith Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Cole has been nominated for the player award after he impressed on his comeback from a knee injury.
The England striker scored three goals in five games last month that included just one start.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
Cole recorded some impressive cameo appearances, most notably at Hull and Coventry, when the introduction of the 28-year-old at half time changed the course of the matches in the Hammers’ favour.
The other nominations for the player prize are Peter Whittingham of Cardiff City, Doncaster Rovers’ Billy Sharp, and Liam Fontaine from Bristol City.