West Ham duo are nominated for November awards
Sam Allardyce and Carlton Cole up for npower prizes
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce and striker Carlton Cole have been nominated by for the npower Championship manager and player of the month awards for November.
The Hammers picked up 13 points out of a possible 15 last month, as they beat Hull City, Coventry City, Derby County and Middlesbrough, along with a goalless draw against Bristol City.
Those results saw the Hammers top the Championship form table for the month, along with Cardiff City, whose manager Malky Mackay is also nominated for the award.
The other two nominations for the manager prize are Derek McInnes from Bristol City and Barnsley boss Keith Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Cole has been nominated for the player award after he impressed on his comeback from a knee injury.
The England striker scored three goals in five games last month that included just one start.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
Cole recorded some impressive cameo appearances, most notably at Hull and Coventry, when the introduction of the 28-year-old at half time changed the course of the matches in the Hammers’ favour.
The other nominations for the player prize are Peter Whittingham of Cardiff City, Doncaster Rovers’ Billy Sharp, and Liam Fontaine from Bristol City.