West Ham conclude transfer business at record signing
Transfer news: Matt Jarvis switch is likely to be Sam Allardyce’s last signing this year
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has ruled out any more signings before the transfer window shuts on Friday.
The Hammers swooped for Wolves’ Matt Jarvis yesterday in a club record fee, believed to be in the region of �10.25 million.
The Upton Park chief revealed he had back-ups if he did not land the winger, but now that he has he can’t forsee any more arrivals in the next week.
When asked if he expected to conduct any more business, Allardyce said: “Not at this moment in time. We had a couple of players lined up that were from abroad in case the Matt transfer didn’t come off.
You may also want to watch:
“We have obviously now said ‘thanks but we can’t go in that area any more’. We wait and see as always going into the mayhem of next week what might turn up, of course.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim