West Ham conclude transfer business at record signing
Transfer news: Matt Jarvis switch is likely to be Sam Allardyce’s last signing this year
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has ruled out any more signings before the transfer window shuts on Friday.
The Hammers swooped for Wolves’ Matt Jarvis yesterday in a club record fee, believed to be in the region of �10.25 million.
The Upton Park chief revealed he had back-ups if he did not land the winger, but now that he has he can’t forsee any more arrivals in the next week.
When asked if he expected to conduct any more business, Allardyce said: “Not at this moment in time. We had a couple of players lined up that were from abroad in case the Matt transfer didn’t come off.
You may also want to watch:
“We have obviously now said ‘thanks but we can’t go in that area any more’. We wait and see as always going into the mayhem of next week what might turn up, of course.”
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 8 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford