West Ham author plans to wax, for charity
A young author from West Ham is steeling himself after committing to having his back and chest waxed for charity.
Nicholas Pearmain, 22, has already raised more than �200 to help Children In Need but is hoping generous readers will help him collect even more cash.
Brave Nicholas, who recently published his first book, Ethel, has never been waxed before.
What may make the experience a little bearable is the fact that his aunt, beautician Sharon Shaw has offered to the waxing for him.
He said: “I’m doing this because I want to be able to help this country. Where I live and work l see homeless children and I hear stories of children being bullied and abused.
“I am hoping to raise as much as possible to help. People can donate a pound, two pounds, three pounds, or however much they want to donate, every little helps at the end of the day.”
He said the plight of such young children had moved him to doing something.
- 1 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 6 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
- 7 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 8 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 9 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 10 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
His chest and back waxsathon will be held in Memorial Park, West Ham, Stratford on November 15.
If you’re interested in supporting Nicholas, you can email him at email@example.com or follow him twitter @MrNickPearmain .