West Ham author plans to wax, for charity
A young author from West Ham is steeling himself after committing to having his back and chest waxed for charity.
Nicholas Pearmain, 22, has already raised more than �200 to help Children In Need but is hoping generous readers will help him collect even more cash.
Brave Nicholas, who recently published his first book, Ethel, has never been waxed before.
What may make the experience a little bearable is the fact that his aunt, beautician Sharon Shaw has offered to the waxing for him.
He said: “I’m doing this because I want to be able to help this country. Where I live and work l see homeless children and I hear stories of children being bullied and abused.
You may also want to watch:
“I am hoping to raise as much as possible to help. People can donate a pound, two pounds, three pounds, or however much they want to donate, every little helps at the end of the day.”
He said the plight of such young children had moved him to doing something.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 7 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 8 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
His chest and back waxsathon will be held in Memorial Park, West Ham, Stratford on November 15.
If you’re interested in supporting Nicholas, you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him twitter @MrNickPearmain .