West Ham author plans to wax, for charity
A young author from West Ham is steeling himself after committing to having his back and chest waxed for charity.
Nicholas Pearmain, 22, has already raised more than �200 to help Children In Need but is hoping generous readers will help him collect even more cash.
Brave Nicholas, who recently published his first book, Ethel, has never been waxed before.
What may make the experience a little bearable is the fact that his aunt, beautician Sharon Shaw has offered to the waxing for him.
He said: “I’m doing this because I want to be able to help this country. Where I live and work l see homeless children and I hear stories of children being bullied and abused.
You may also want to watch:
“I am hoping to raise as much as possible to help. People can donate a pound, two pounds, three pounds, or however much they want to donate, every little helps at the end of the day.”
He said the plight of such young children had moved him to doing something.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
His chest and back waxsathon will be held in Memorial Park, West Ham, Stratford on November 15.
If you’re interested in supporting Nicholas, you can email him at email@example.com or follow him twitter @MrNickPearmain .