West Ham author plans to wax, for charity
A young author from West Ham is steeling himself after committing to having his back and chest waxed for charity.
Nicholas Pearmain, 22, has already raised more than �200 to help Children In Need but is hoping generous readers will help him collect even more cash.
Brave Nicholas, who recently published his first book, Ethel, has never been waxed before.
What may make the experience a little bearable is the fact that his aunt, beautician Sharon Shaw has offered to the waxing for him.
He said: “I’m doing this because I want to be able to help this country. Where I live and work l see homeless children and I hear stories of children being bullied and abused.
“I am hoping to raise as much as possible to help. People can donate a pound, two pounds, three pounds, or however much they want to donate, every little helps at the end of the day.”
He said the plight of such young children had moved him to doing something.
- 1 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 2 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 4 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 5 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 6 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 7 Kehrer can 'bring a number of things' to West Ham United
- 8 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 9 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
His chest and back waxsathon will be held in Memorial Park, West Ham, Stratford on November 15.
If you’re interested in supporting Nicholas, you can email him at email@example.com or follow him twitter @MrNickPearmain .