Weekend travel news
Passengers warned to check before leaving
CHECK before you travel is the warning to potential passengers as planned works to improve London’s Tube network will disrupt public transport this weekend.
On the Underground, the District line will be suspended on Saturday only between Tower Hill and Upminster except between 3pm and 9.30pm. During this time, the District line will be suspended between Tower Hill and Upney eastbound and between Barking and Tower Hill westbound.
On Sunday the line will be suspended between Aldgate East and Upminster.
There are four bus replacement services for local journeys: Tower Hill – Aldgate/Aldgate East – Whitechapel – Stepney
You may also want to watch:
Green – Mile End – Bow Road – Bromley-by-Bow – Canning Town; Mile End – Bow Road – Stratford – Upton Park – East Ham –
Barking; Barking – Upney – Becontree – Dagenham Heathway – Dagenham East and Barking – Dagenham East – Elm Park – Hornchurch – Upminster Bridge – Upminster.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 4 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Campaigners fear Newham City Farm site will become 'another green space'
The Hammersmith & City line will be shut between Liverpool Street and Barking all weekend due to track replacement and signal work.
There are no planned works on other lines or Docklands Light Railway.
London Overground’s Stratford to Richmond service will be closed all Sunday.
Full information at: www.tfl.gov.uk/check or call the London Travel Info 24hrs telephone helpline: 0843 222 1234.