Weekend travel news
Passengers warned to check before leaving
CHECK before you travel is the warning to potential passengers as planned works to improve London’s Tube network will disrupt public transport this weekend.
On the Underground, the District line will be suspended on Saturday only between Tower Hill and Upminster except between 3pm and 9.30pm. During this time, the District line will be suspended between Tower Hill and Upney eastbound and between Barking and Tower Hill westbound.
On Sunday the line will be suspended between Aldgate East and Upminster.
There are four bus replacement services for local journeys: Tower Hill – Aldgate/Aldgate East – Whitechapel – Stepney
Green – Mile End – Bow Road – Bromley-by-Bow – Canning Town; Mile End – Bow Road – Stratford – Upton Park – East Ham –
Barking; Barking – Upney – Becontree – Dagenham Heathway – Dagenham East and Barking – Dagenham East – Elm Park – Hornchurch – Upminster Bridge – Upminster.
- 1 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 2 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 7 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 8 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
The Hammersmith & City line will be shut between Liverpool Street and Barking all weekend due to track replacement and signal work.
There are no planned works on other lines or Docklands Light Railway.
London Overground’s Stratford to Richmond service will be closed all Sunday.
Full information at: www.tfl.gov.uk/check or call the London Travel Info 24hrs telephone helpline: 0843 222 1234.