WEEKEND PREVIEW: Orient defender misses first game
Whing is ready to replace injured Elliot
DEFENDER Elliot Omozusi misses his first league game of the season when Orient travel to Rochdale on Saturday.
He limped off during the first half of Saturday’s clash at Norwich and is likely to be out of action for up to a month.
Andrew Whing, who has joined the club until the end of the season, is set to start in his place.
Orient boss Russell Slade is keen to make sure the side’s feet remain firmly on the ground following their win at Norwich in the FA Cup last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s important that we refocus on the League now,” he said.
Orient beat Rochdale 2-1 earlier in the season, but Slade admitted: “It will be a strong test, Rochdale played some good football at our place and caused us problems, particularly in the first half.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
“It promises to be a good game, between two teams who will want to get the ball down and play some enterprising football.”