WEEKEND PREVIEW: Orient defender misses first game
Whing is ready to replace injured Elliot
DEFENDER Elliot Omozusi misses his first league game of the season when Orient travel to Rochdale on Saturday.
He limped off during the first half of Saturday’s clash at Norwich and is likely to be out of action for up to a month.
Andrew Whing, who has joined the club until the end of the season, is set to start in his place.
Orient boss Russell Slade is keen to make sure the side’s feet remain firmly on the ground following their win at Norwich in the FA Cup last weekend.
“It’s important that we refocus on the League now,” he said.
Orient beat Rochdale 2-1 earlier in the season, but Slade admitted: “It will be a strong test, Rochdale played some good football at our place and caused us problems, particularly in the first half.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 8 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
“It promises to be a good game, between two teams who will want to get the ball down and play some enterprising football.”