WEEKEND PREVIEW: Orient defender misses first game
Whing is ready to replace injured Elliot
DEFENDER Elliot Omozusi misses his first league game of the season when Orient travel to Rochdale on Saturday.
He limped off during the first half of Saturday’s clash at Norwich and is likely to be out of action for up to a month.
Andrew Whing, who has joined the club until the end of the season, is set to start in his place.
Orient boss Russell Slade is keen to make sure the side’s feet remain firmly on the ground following their win at Norwich in the FA Cup last weekend.
“It’s important that we refocus on the League now,” he said.
Orient beat Rochdale 2-1 earlier in the season, but Slade admitted: “It will be a strong test, Rochdale played some good football at our place and caused us problems, particularly in the first half.
- 1 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 2 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 3 Man charged with Beckton murder as victim named
- 4 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 5 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 6 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 7 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 8 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 9 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 10 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
“It promises to be a good game, between two teams who will want to get the ball down and play some enterprising football.”