WEEKEND PREVIEW: Orient defender misses first game
Whing is ready to replace injured Elliot
DEFENDER Elliot Omozusi misses his first league game of the season when Orient travel to Rochdale on Saturday.
He limped off during the first half of Saturday’s clash at Norwich and is likely to be out of action for up to a month.
Andrew Whing, who has joined the club until the end of the season, is set to start in his place.
Orient boss Russell Slade is keen to make sure the side’s feet remain firmly on the ground following their win at Norwich in the FA Cup last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s important that we refocus on the League now,” he said.
Orient beat Rochdale 2-1 earlier in the season, but Slade admitted: “It will be a strong test, Rochdale played some good football at our place and caused us problems, particularly in the first half.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
“It promises to be a good game, between two teams who will want to get the ball down and play some enterprising football.”