East London weather forecast: Yellow warning for thunderstorms
- Credit: Ken Mears
Next week's weather will be a mixed bag for east London, starting with thunderstorms expected tomorrow.
The storms - set to arrive on Saturday (July 3) - will be accompanied by temperatures of 22C, the hottest expected over the coming days.
This turbulent weather is unlikely to be welcomed by residents still recovering after a "tornado" hit Barking last Friday.
While such severe conditions aren't anticipated this week, the expected thunder has prompted the Met Office to issue a yellow weather warning for tomorrow.
This spells bad news for those hoping to celebrate the upcoming National BBQ Week a little early.
The weather may also force a rethink amongst football fans planning to watch England vs Ukraine outside.
Sunday and Monday look set to be dominated by cloud and light rain, before the sun finally comes out on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
By Wednesday (July 7), temperatures should rise again to around 20C, with this set to increase by one degree the following day.
Light showers are predicted for both days, despite the reasonably warm temperatures.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 7 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 10 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches