Newham to expect strong winds as Met Office issues Yellow warning
- Credit: PA Images
A Yellow warning has been issued by the Met Office for the east of England as “very strong winds” are expected tomorrow evening and Friday morning.
The weather warning has been announced as strong gusts of wind are predicted to develop across parts of Wales and England during Thursday evening and Friday morning.
It is most likely that we will see gusts of 45-50mph in a few spots inland as well as more widely around exposed coasts.
However, there is also a small chance that there will be stronger winds going at 60-65mph in some areas.
There will be short-lived outbreaks of very heavy rain in places as well.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office says to expect a slight chance of some damage to buildings, a small chance of longer journey times and a slight chance that power cuts might occur.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses