London set for mini heatwave, with chance of 25C temperatures
- Credit: Sean Pollock
The heatwave we should have had in August is arriving a bit late — but it's still expected to come.
Forecasters tell us we'll be basking this coming week with long spells of sunshine beginning Saturday, September 4.
Any overnight cloud should break in the morning, and the Met Office said the maximum temperature could be 24C.
Sunday looks to be dry and bright, with more sunshine and maybe a little breezy, according to the forecasters.
Then it's pure sunshine set for Monday and the rest of the week, feeling very warm for September with temperatures reaching 25C-plus.
You may also want to watch:
The mini-heatwave in London could last until the next weekend, it is predicted. That makes up for a disappointing August.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 7 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches