Temperatures set to reach 20C in London this bank holiday
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
It may not feel like it, but warm weather is on the way with temperatures expected to rise to around 20C in London this weekend.
The capital has been hit by strong winds and rain over the past few days with meteorologists marking it as one of the wettest Mays on record.
But that is set to change over the bank holiday weekend, from May 29-31.
A spokesman for the Met Office said: “High pressure will be the largely dominant feature across the UK during this period.
“This will bring mainly fine and settled conditions across the UK, with temperatures recovering and feeling locally warm in southern and central areas.”
You may also want to watch:
The forecaster added: “Mostly dry conditions are likely to then continue (or return) through this period especially towards the south and east, but there remains the risk of some brief interludes of rain or showers, most likely affecting areas in the northwest and far south.
“Temperatures overall are likely to be close to average for the time of year.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding