Lightning and thunder storms cause havoc across Newham
- Credit: Archant
Lightning and thunderstorms are causing havoc across the capital.
The fire brigade has responded to more than 65 calls between 13.15pm and 14.42pm, including one of a stranded car in Stratford.
Firefighters rescued four people from two cars when their vehicles became flooded in Temple Mills Lane at 13.48pm.
The incident was resolved within 40 minutes.
Elsewhere, there have been reports of a lightning strike in Silvertown.
You may also want to watch:
London City Airport has also tweeted to say that some flights are disrupted, and passengers should check with their airline before travelling.
Send in your pictures and videos of the storms or floods to email@example.com.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines