Ice warning issued for London and south east England
- Credit: PA
A yellow warning has been issued as weather settles in which might cause icy stretches and travel disruption overnight into Wednesday morning.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for London and south east England in preparation for the frigid weather that's expected to hit the area this evening.
The warning says: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
People are advised that there will probably be some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths and some injuries from slips and falls could take place.
You may also want to watch:
For tips on protecting yourself during the icy weather visit https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work