Ice warning issued for London and south east England
- Credit: PA
A yellow warning has been issued as weather settles in which might cause icy stretches and travel disruption overnight into Wednesday morning.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for London and south east England in preparation for the frigid weather that's expected to hit the area this evening.
The warning says: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
People are advised that there will probably be some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths and some injuries from slips and falls could take place.
You may also want to watch:
For tips on protecting yourself during the icy weather visit https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years