Ice warning issued for London and south east England
- Credit: PA
A yellow warning has been issued as weather settles in which might cause icy stretches and travel disruption overnight into Wednesday morning.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for London and south east England in preparation for the frigid weather that's expected to hit the area this evening.
The warning says: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
People are advised that there will probably be some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths and some injuries from slips and falls could take place.
You may also want to watch:
For tips on protecting yourself during the icy weather visit https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing