First snow falls hit Newham...but it’s snow joke out there
WITH zero temperatures, it had been threatening for some days. And this morning the snow duly arrived to blanket the borough.
And the fluffy stuff could go on for the rest of the morning, at least, weather experts warn. Slushy roads are already a hazard for drivers and as the snow compacts, pavements are becoming dangerous.
The real fear is that temperatures will again plummet to turn surfaces icy.
But let’s enjoy it why we can. We here at the Recorder would like you to send us your dazzling photos of living with the snow in Newham.
We start you off with the Editor’s snap of our car park. Not so exciting, but he has a heavy cold and did not want to venture past the back door.
You may also want to watch:
We are sure you can do better. So email your jpgs to me, firstname.lastname@example.org and we will feature them on our website. Don’t forget to let us have your name and address and the location of your photo.
We also plan to keep you up to date on the latest weather news and its effects on Newham life.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash