First snow falls hit Newham...but it’s snow joke out there
WITH zero temperatures, it had been threatening for some days. And this morning the snow duly arrived to blanket the borough.
And the fluffy stuff could go on for the rest of the morning, at least, weather experts warn. Slushy roads are already a hazard for drivers and as the snow compacts, pavements are becoming dangerous.
The real fear is that temperatures will again plummet to turn surfaces icy.
But let’s enjoy it why we can. We here at the Recorder would like you to send us your dazzling photos of living with the snow in Newham.
We start you off with the Editor’s snap of our car park. Not so exciting, but he has a heavy cold and did not want to venture past the back door.
You may also want to watch:
We are sure you can do better. So email your jpgs to me, email@example.com and we will feature them on our website. Don’t forget to let us have your name and address and the location of your photo.
We also plan to keep you up to date on the latest weather news and its effects on Newham life.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 9 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show