First snow falls hit Newham...but it’s snow joke out there
WITH zero temperatures, it had been threatening for some days. And this morning the snow duly arrived to blanket the borough.
And the fluffy stuff could go on for the rest of the morning, at least, weather experts warn. Slushy roads are already a hazard for drivers and as the snow compacts, pavements are becoming dangerous.
The real fear is that temperatures will again plummet to turn surfaces icy.
But let’s enjoy it why we can. We here at the Recorder would like you to send us your dazzling photos of living with the snow in Newham.
We start you off with the Editor’s snap of our car park. Not so exciting, but he has a heavy cold and did not want to venture past the back door.
You may also want to watch:
We are sure you can do better. So email your jpgs to me, firstname.lastname@example.org and we will feature them on our website. Don’t forget to let us have your name and address and the location of your photo.
We also plan to keep you up to date on the latest weather news and its effects on Newham life.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic