First snow falls hit Newham...but it’s snow joke out there
WITH zero temperatures, it had been threatening for some days. And this morning the snow duly arrived to blanket the borough.
And the fluffy stuff could go on for the rest of the morning, at least, weather experts warn. Slushy roads are already a hazard for drivers and as the snow compacts, pavements are becoming dangerous.
The real fear is that temperatures will again plummet to turn surfaces icy.
But let’s enjoy it why we can. We here at the Recorder would like you to send us your dazzling photos of living with the snow in Newham.
We start you off with the Editor’s snap of our car park. Not so exciting, but he has a heavy cold and did not want to venture past the back door.
You may also want to watch:
We are sure you can do better. So email your jpgs to me, email@example.com and we will feature them on our website. Don’t forget to let us have your name and address and the location of your photo.
We also plan to keep you up to date on the latest weather news and its effects on Newham life.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines