Waterfront fun and fireworks at Newham’s Royal Victoria Dock
Live music, fireworks and watersports are just some of the activities on offer to residents at this year’s Newham Waterfront Festival.
The free festival will return to Royal Victoria Dock on Saturday between 2pm and 9pm. There will be a live music stage headlined by the Bootleg Beatles, a range of water based activities and a fireworks finale, all taking place right by the waterfront.
Residents will also be able visit the Siemens Crystal building which will be open to the public for the first time and is home to the world’s largest exhibition on urban sustainability. Here, visitors can find out how cities will cope with issues such as global warming and what can be done to make a greener future. The Crystal is split into exhibition zones which explore a range of areas including water, transport, city design and management, energy, buildings and lighting, safety and security and healthcare.
Sir Robin Wales, Mayor of Newham said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for Newham residents to enjoy a range of different activities in the historic Royal Docks.
“I would also encourage residents to take the opportunity to visit the Crystal building. This striking piece of architecture is already becoming an iconic Newham landmark and I hope visitors enjoy the wealth of information on offer in the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
For further information visit www.newham.com
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford