Waterfront fun and fireworks at Newham’s Royal Victoria Dock
Live music, fireworks and watersports are just some of the activities on offer to residents at this year’s Newham Waterfront Festival.
The free festival will return to Royal Victoria Dock on Saturday between 2pm and 9pm. There will be a live music stage headlined by the Bootleg Beatles, a range of water based activities and a fireworks finale, all taking place right by the waterfront.
Residents will also be able visit the Siemens Crystal building which will be open to the public for the first time and is home to the world’s largest exhibition on urban sustainability. Here, visitors can find out how cities will cope with issues such as global warming and what can be done to make a greener future. The Crystal is split into exhibition zones which explore a range of areas including water, transport, city design and management, energy, buildings and lighting, safety and security and healthcare.
Sir Robin Wales, Mayor of Newham said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for Newham residents to enjoy a range of different activities in the historic Royal Docks.
“I would also encourage residents to take the opportunity to visit the Crystal building. This striking piece of architecture is already becoming an iconic Newham landmark and I hope visitors enjoy the wealth of information on offer in the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
For further information visit www.newham.com
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover