Wallace & Gromit launch breakfast fundraiser to aid Beckton hospice
Film stars Wallace & Gromit joined celebrity mum Javine to celebrate the launch of a national breakfast fundraiser with youngsters at a children’s hospice.
The high profile group is inviting people from across the UK join in with the Wallace & Gromit BIG Breakfast, which takes place from April 20 to 27.
The aim is to raise thousands of pounds for sick children in hospitals and hospices by asking people to set up their own communal breakfasts with friends and colleagues for charity.
Javine said: “I’m delighted to be supporting the Wallace & Gromit’s BIG Breakfast, especially as every penny raised is going to such a great cause.
“Breakfast time is the perfect opportunity to sit down with your family and make sure they’re fully prepared for the day ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
Karen Duncan at Richard House Children’s Hospice said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be a part of this national fundraiser and look forward to taking part in it every year. It is an ingenious way to raise much-needed funds.
“Through our play programme the children at Richard House have already started to see the benefit. It is magical that the hospice has been chosen to be supported by Wallace & Gromit Children’s Foundation.”
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
Research suggests breakfast eaters have lower stress levels and better concentration than breakfast skippers yet one in four adults in the UK admit to regularly skipping breakfast.
Nick Park, creator of Wallace & Gromit and trustee of the Children’s Foundation, said: “The BIG Breakfast is a great way to start the day and to help sick and terminally-ill children in the UK.”
To join in, call 0845 600 1924 or visit www.wallaceandgromitsbigbreakfast.org