Wallace & Gromit launch breakfast fundraiser to aid Beckton hospice
Film stars Wallace & Gromit joined celebrity mum Javine to celebrate the launch of a national breakfast fundraiser with youngsters at a children’s hospice.
The high profile group is inviting people from across the UK join in with the Wallace & Gromit BIG Breakfast, which takes place from April 20 to 27.
The aim is to raise thousands of pounds for sick children in hospitals and hospices by asking people to set up their own communal breakfasts with friends and colleagues for charity.
Javine said: “I’m delighted to be supporting the Wallace & Gromit’s BIG Breakfast, especially as every penny raised is going to such a great cause.
“Breakfast time is the perfect opportunity to sit down with your family and make sure they’re fully prepared for the day ahead.”
Karen Duncan at Richard House Children’s Hospice said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be a part of this national fundraiser and look forward to taking part in it every year. It is an ingenious way to raise much-needed funds.
“Through our play programme the children at Richard House have already started to see the benefit. It is magical that the hospice has been chosen to be supported by Wallace & Gromit Children’s Foundation.”
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 3 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 4 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 5 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 6 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 7 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 8 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 9 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 10 Drone images of Newham tower block blaze
Research suggests breakfast eaters have lower stress levels and better concentration than breakfast skippers yet one in four adults in the UK admit to regularly skipping breakfast.
Nick Park, creator of Wallace & Gromit and trustee of the Children’s Foundation, said: “The BIG Breakfast is a great way to start the day and to help sick and terminally-ill children in the UK.”
To join in, call 0845 600 1924 or visit www.wallaceandgromitsbigbreakfast.org