Volunteers needed to help Newham’s deaf and hearing impaired
Volunteers are needed for a Newham charity team that raises awareness about hearing loss and helps the hearing impaired.
Action on Hearing Loss are looking for helpers to hold information stands or talks in community groups, social clubs, and places of worship to encourage Newham’s residents to look after their hearing and support people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have tinnitus.
Lucy Johnson, Action on Hearing Loss’s regional volunteers manager, said: “We’re looking for enthusiastic people in Newham to come forward and use their time, skills and talent to raise vital awareness about hearing loss and tinnitus.
“The volunteers will not only have the chance to make a positive impact in the everyday lives of people who are deaf or hard of hearing or have tinnitus, but can also make new friends and enjoy some new, fun and rewarding experiences.”
For more information on volunteering, contact Lucy on 020 7296 8394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org,uk.
You may also want to watch:
Newham residents who suspect they may be hard of hearing can check for free at www.actionhearingloss.org.uk/check or call 0844 800 3838.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case