Volunteers needed to help Newham’s deaf and hearing impaired
Volunteers are needed for a Newham charity team that raises awareness about hearing loss and helps the hearing impaired.
Action on Hearing Loss are looking for helpers to hold information stands or talks in community groups, social clubs, and places of worship to encourage Newham’s residents to look after their hearing and support people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have tinnitus.
Lucy Johnson, Action on Hearing Loss’s regional volunteers manager, said: “We’re looking for enthusiastic people in Newham to come forward and use their time, skills and talent to raise vital awareness about hearing loss and tinnitus.
“The volunteers will not only have the chance to make a positive impact in the everyday lives of people who are deaf or hard of hearing or have tinnitus, but can also make new friends and enjoy some new, fun and rewarding experiences.”
For more information on volunteering, contact Lucy on 020 7296 8394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org,uk.
You may also want to watch:
Newham residents who suspect they may be hard of hearing can check for free at www.actionhearingloss.org.uk/check or call 0844 800 3838.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 9 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 10 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett