Volunteers make over Beckton District Park
Big-hearted volunteers spruced up Beckton District Park last week as part of a wider effort to encourage residents to make a positive change in the borough.
Residents and activists gave the park off Tollgate Road a two-day makeover on Wednesday October 24 to Friday October 26 by painting the pavilion building and tidying the lake area.
They were also joined by staff from Barclays bank.
Community Service Volunteers (CSV) held Make A Difference Day on Saturday October 27 by holding a number of clean ups and decorative events to get residents involved in sprucing up the borough while introducing them to volunteering.
On Wednesday October 31, budding artists will share their skills in a workshop at the Asta Community Hub in Silvertown with all the pieces created adorning a wall in a new community garden.
You may also want to watch:
A fun day of children’s activities are also planned at Ashburton Wood in Canning Town on Friday November 2 where famnilies are invited to help litter pick the park.
Charity shops are also welcoming volunteers to sort, display, and sell donated items.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
Individuals, companies, community groups, and schools can get involved by visiting www.csv.org.uk/difference or calling 0800 284 533.