Volunteers’ chance to own piece of London 2012 at Olympic auction
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Unique souvenirs from the London 2012 Olympic Games are being sold off at an auction at the end of this month.
Volunteers and people pining for the magic of last summer can get their hands on costumes and props from all four ceremonies, sports equipment used in competition, Torch Relay uniforms, and street and venue banners will go on sale from 10am to 6pm on Saturday April 27 and Sunday April 28.
Signed photos, programmes, tickets, and Olympic Torches will also be auctioned off at the City of Coventry Stadium which hosted 12 matches during the men and women’s football tournament.
Games Makers, ceremonies volunteers, and city ambassadors will be given special early access on the Saturday with their accreditation and they will be able to find out about future volunteering opportunities as part of charitable trust Join In 2013.
LOCOG have been working with Innovative Sports Ltd to prepare the two-day sale.
Seb Coe, Chair of LOCOG, said: “Everyone has great memories of the Games but now this is an opportunity for people to own a unique piece of the Games.
“Whether you are a seasoned collector or simply looking for an Olympic or Paralympic souvenir, there will be something of interest for everyone.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex