Volunteers’ chance to own piece of London 2012 at Olympic auction
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Unique souvenirs from the London 2012 Olympic Games are being sold off at an auction at the end of this month.
Volunteers and people pining for the magic of last summer can get their hands on costumes and props from all four ceremonies, sports equipment used in competition, Torch Relay uniforms, and street and venue banners will go on sale from 10am to 6pm on Saturday April 27 and Sunday April 28.
Signed photos, programmes, tickets, and Olympic Torches will also be auctioned off at the City of Coventry Stadium which hosted 12 matches during the men and women’s football tournament.
Games Makers, ceremonies volunteers, and city ambassadors will be given special early access on the Saturday with their accreditation and they will be able to find out about future volunteering opportunities as part of charitable trust Join In 2013.
LOCOG have been working with Innovative Sports Ltd to prepare the two-day sale.
You may also want to watch:
Seb Coe, Chair of LOCOG, said: “Everyone has great memories of the Games but now this is an opportunity for people to own a unique piece of the Games.
“Whether you are a seasoned collector or simply looking for an Olympic or Paralympic souvenir, there will be something of interest for everyone.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross