Vocal Aspiration brings gospel to UEL Docklands
Talented young gospel singers from five Olympic boroughs will perform at the University of East London this Sunday.
The Stratford-based community project, entitled Vocal Aspiration, have been touring schools in Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Hackney, and Greenwich in a series of community and school workshops, including at Royal Docks Community School in Custom House and St Mark’s Community Centre in Beckton.
Planning three live music performances, Vocal Aspiration’s debut will be at the University of East London’s Docklands Campus on Sunday June 24.
After, they plan to move on to the Stoke Newington Town Hall in Hackney before giving a final performance at Proud in the 02 Arena in Greenwich.
The project won a Transformers grant, as well as securing funding from the National Lotter and Olympic Lottery Distributor and support from the East London Business Alliance.
You may also want to watch:
Vocal Aspiration will sing at UEL Docklands Campus, 4-6 University Way, E16 2RD from 6.30pm on Sunday 24 June. Tickets are �5 on the door or �4 with concessions.
To find out more about Vocal Aspiration and their upcoming tour dates, visit www.vocalaspiration.com.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election