Vocal Aspiration brings gospel to UEL Docklands
Talented young gospel singers from five Olympic boroughs will perform at the University of East London this Sunday.
The Stratford-based community project, entitled Vocal Aspiration, have been touring schools in Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Hackney, and Greenwich in a series of community and school workshops, including at Royal Docks Community School in Custom House and St Mark’s Community Centre in Beckton.
Planning three live music performances, Vocal Aspiration’s debut will be at the University of East London’s Docklands Campus on Sunday June 24.
After, they plan to move on to the Stoke Newington Town Hall in Hackney before giving a final performance at Proud in the 02 Arena in Greenwich.
The project won a Transformers grant, as well as securing funding from the National Lotter and Olympic Lottery Distributor and support from the East London Business Alliance.
You may also want to watch:
Vocal Aspiration will sing at UEL Docklands Campus, 4-6 University Way, E16 2RD from 6.30pm on Sunday 24 June. Tickets are �5 on the door or �4 with concessions.
To find out more about Vocal Aspiration and their upcoming tour dates, visit www.vocalaspiration.com.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 8 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 9 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 10 Tracey Emin sculpture unveiled at The Line art trail in Three Mills