Vocal Aspiration brings gospel to UEL Docklands
Talented young gospel singers from five Olympic boroughs will perform at the University of East London this Sunday.
The Stratford-based community project, entitled Vocal Aspiration, have been touring schools in Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Hackney, and Greenwich in a series of community and school workshops, including at Royal Docks Community School in Custom House and St Mark’s Community Centre in Beckton.
Planning three live music performances, Vocal Aspiration’s debut will be at the University of East London’s Docklands Campus on Sunday June 24.
After, they plan to move on to the Stoke Newington Town Hall in Hackney before giving a final performance at Proud in the 02 Arena in Greenwich.
The project won a Transformers grant, as well as securing funding from the National Lotter and Olympic Lottery Distributor and support from the East London Business Alliance.
You may also want to watch:
Vocal Aspiration will sing at UEL Docklands Campus, 4-6 University Way, E16 2RD from 6.30pm on Sunday 24 June. Tickets are �5 on the door or �4 with concessions.
To find out more about Vocal Aspiration and their upcoming tour dates, visit www.vocalaspiration.com.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber