Visit Olympic neighbourhood early at pop-up shop in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up shop showcasing the first new neighbourhood to open in the Olympic Park opened last week in Stratford.
The East Village, formerly the Athletes’ village, will welcome its first residents this summer.
But for impatient people wanting an early preview, a temporary shop has opened up on The Street part of Westfield Stratford City.
It features a virtual cycle tour through the new neighbourhood for visitors to explore the sights and sounds of the neighbourhood and discover the parklands, wetlands, education campus, health centre and the sporting facilities.
There is also a full scale architectural model of East Village and advisors with information about the homes that will be available to rent and buy.
You may also want to watch:
The space will be open Monday to Wednesday 10am – 6pm, Thursday – Saturday 10am – 8pm and Sunday 11am – 6pm.
Visit www.eastvillagelondon.co.uk to find out more about East Village.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park