Visit Olympic neighbourhood early at pop-up shop in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up shop showcasing the first new neighbourhood to open in the Olympic Park opened last week in Stratford.
The East Village, formerly the Athletes’ village, will welcome its first residents this summer.
But for impatient people wanting an early preview, a temporary shop has opened up on The Street part of Westfield Stratford City.
It features a virtual cycle tour through the new neighbourhood for visitors to explore the sights and sounds of the neighbourhood and discover the parklands, wetlands, education campus, health centre and the sporting facilities.
There is also a full scale architectural model of East Village and advisors with information about the homes that will be available to rent and buy.
You may also want to watch:
The space will be open Monday to Wednesday 10am – 6pm, Thursday – Saturday 10am – 8pm and Sunday 11am – 6pm.
Visit www.eastvillagelondon.co.uk to find out more about East Village.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow