VIP tickets to see Anita and Me in Stratford
- Credit: Theatre Royal Stratford East
You could win one of two VIP packages to see Anita and Me at Theatre Royal Stratford East.
Actress, comdienne and author Meera Syal’s much-loved novel bursts onto the stage for the very first time this autumn.
Having been turned into a film in 2002, this well-known and very popular piece has now been adapted for the stage by multi-award-winning Tanika Gupta who brought you Gladiator Games (2005), Wah! Wah! Girls (2012) and Love n Stuff (2013). Special music has been composed by Ben and Max Ringham.
Anita and Me paints a colourful, moving and funny portrait of village life in 1970s West Midlands during the era of flares, power cuts and glam rock. Directed by Roxana Silbert, the production has transferred to Theatre Royal Stratford East, after its world premiere at Birmingham Repertory Theatre.
Anita and Me is a poignant coming-of-age tale that follows Meena, the irreverent teenage daughter of the only Punjabi family in the predominantly white, working class, fictional mining village of Tollington in the Black Country.
You may also want to watch:
When Meena becomes friends with the impossibly feisty 14-year-old, white, Anita, she thinks she’s found her soul mate but her world is turned upside down and she finds herself caught between the two cultures she lives in.
For more information and to book tickets go to stratfordeast.com, visit the box office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
We have two VIP packages to give away. Each package consists of:
? A pair tickets to see Anita and Me
? Pre-show drink in Gerry’s bar, opposite the theatre*
? Interval drinks at the bar, inside the theatre*
? One programme
? One drink each, before and during interval. Drinks include small house red or white, a small bottle of beer, orange juice or water.
For your chance to win a VIP package, simply buy a copy of this week’s Recorder, fill in the coupon on page 20 and send it to Anita and Me, Editorial Competition, Media House, 539 High Road, Ilford, IG1 1UD.
The first two correct entries selected at random on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 will win.