Video: Virtual tour of new Stratford Library
Take a 3D trip around the future Stratford Library.
The facility closed on October 1 for a �2.2 million upgrade with plans to reopen in the spring.
A drop-in coffee morning was held at the Old Town Hall, Stratford, on Wednesday so residents could learn more about the layout, operation and security via 3D video imagery.
The revamped library will feature local service points and an expansion of the popular study area where the number of computers will be boosted from 13 to 42.
But you can take an early tour of the new library by watching our video link which walks you through the state-of-the-art facility two minutes into the footage, following aerial plans.
You may also want to watch:
A Newham Council spokesperson said: “Moving Stratford Local Service Centre will save the council money and means that residents will be able to access more services from one location.
“There will be no reduction in library stock and the children’s area will be retained on the ground floor to maintain easy access.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
“Residents will be able to use other libraries across the borough while the refurbishments are ongoing. We understand that people will be inconvenienced in the short term but it’s important for people to recognise the bigger picture. We are not closing any libraries.”
The Beckton Globe library will also re-open next spring and the refurbished Canning Town library is open for use now.
For more details visit www.newham.gov.uk/libraries.