Video: Virtual tour of new Stratford Library
Take a 3D trip around the future Stratford Library.
The facility closed on October 1 for a �2.2 million upgrade with plans to reopen in the spring.
A drop-in coffee morning was held at the Old Town Hall, Stratford, on Wednesday so residents could learn more about the layout, operation and security via 3D video imagery.
The revamped library will feature local service points and an expansion of the popular study area where the number of computers will be boosted from 13 to 42.
But you can take an early tour of the new library by watching our video link which walks you through the state-of-the-art facility two minutes into the footage, following aerial plans.
You may also want to watch:
A Newham Council spokesperson said: “Moving Stratford Local Service Centre will save the council money and means that residents will be able to access more services from one location.
“There will be no reduction in library stock and the children’s area will be retained on the ground floor to maintain easy access.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 5 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 10 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
“Residents will be able to use other libraries across the borough while the refurbishments are ongoing. We understand that people will be inconvenienced in the short term but it’s important for people to recognise the bigger picture. We are not closing any libraries.”
The Beckton Globe library will also re-open next spring and the refurbished Canning Town library is open for use now.
For more details visit www.newham.gov.uk/libraries.