Video: Virtual tour of new Stratford Library
Take a 3D trip around the future Stratford Library.
The facility closed on October 1 for a �2.2 million upgrade with plans to reopen in the spring.
A drop-in coffee morning was held at the Old Town Hall, Stratford, on Wednesday so residents could learn more about the layout, operation and security via 3D video imagery.
The revamped library will feature local service points and an expansion of the popular study area where the number of computers will be boosted from 13 to 42.
But you can take an early tour of the new library by watching our video link which walks you through the state-of-the-art facility two minutes into the footage, following aerial plans.
You may also want to watch:
A Newham Council spokesperson said: “Moving Stratford Local Service Centre will save the council money and means that residents will be able to access more services from one location.
“There will be no reduction in library stock and the children’s area will be retained on the ground floor to maintain easy access.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 10 London Councils issues warning over planning reform in Queen's Speech
“Residents will be able to use other libraries across the borough while the refurbishments are ongoing. We understand that people will be inconvenienced in the short term but it’s important for people to recognise the bigger picture. We are not closing any libraries.”
The Beckton Globe library will also re-open next spring and the refurbished Canning Town library is open for use now.
For more details visit www.newham.gov.uk/libraries.