Video: Upton Park family “disgusted” to find creepy crawlies in chocolate biscuits
- Credit: Archant
A tea-time sweet treat turned into a creepy crawley nightmare after a man found these critters scampering over his chocolate biscuits.
Jackir Rahman, from Green Street, Upton Park, was looking forward to tucking into a box of Cadbury’s chocolate fingers his mother had bought earlier that day from a nearby supermarket.
But Jak claims that, when the packaging was removed, a number of small, brown critters were found crawling around inside.
A “disgusted” Jak said: “They were very much alive, all wriggling about. They’re sort of really small bug things.
“A bit like beetles but tiny. I don’t really know how to else to describe them.
You may also want to watch:
“I went to Cadbury’s and they asked me to send them back so they could look into it so I wrapped them up in clingfilm.
“It’s horrible, no one wants to find bugs in their Chocolate Fingers.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
A spokesman for Burton’s Biscuit Company, which makes the fingers under licence from Cadbury UK Ltd, denied that it was a manufacturing or packaging fault. A spokesman said: “We have carried out a thorough, independent investigation into this isolated claim and have found absolutely no evidence to suggest that this issue arose through our manufacturing or packaging process.
“Burton’s Biscuit Company has high quality standards and we pride ourselves in producing premium quality products.”