Video: Stratford school bid to crack charts with charity single
- Credit: Archant
What do One Direction, McFly and Sarah Bonnell School have in common? If the school’s latest venture is successful, the answer will be a top 40 charity single.
Girls at the Deanery Road school have written and performed their own tune, Figure It Out, which was released on Monday.
The song was recorded at The Premises studio in Hackney, which has been used by chart-topping artists for 25 years.
Year 9 pupil Shyanne Barnes said: “I really enjoyed the experience of recording at such a well-known studio.
“It’s amazing to see all the artists who have recorded there.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s also really important to raise money for such an important charity.”
All money raised through downloads of the song will be donated to the CCL Education Fund, which helps to provide a secondary education for girls in developing countries.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
It isn’t the first time the school have had a crack at the charts - last year’s charity single reached 130 in the iTunes download chart, and they hope to better it this year.
Head teacher Sarah Jacobs said: “We are always looking to give our very talented students the opportunity to shine and gain new experiences.
“For students to get the chance to visit and work in a professional studio is such a privilege and something that they will always remember.
“It has been a wonderful initiative and I hope that we raise lots of money for an extremely worthwhile and important cause.”