Video: Star Trek fans gather for ExCel convention
- Credit: Archant
Trekkies from across the galaxy united at the ExCel this weekend for a three day convention.
Dressed in costumes from Star Trek’s many television series and films, fans were able to get up close and personal with a range of props and outfits.
Many of the actors present at the event, which ran from Friday to Sunday, took part in question and answer sessions as well as signing autographs and posing for photos.
“Meeting the fans is incredible,” said Jeri Ryan, who spent five years playing Borg Seven of Nine in Star Trek: Voyager.
“I think the beauty of Star Trek and why it’s been so long lived is because it’s everyone’s optimistic view of the future.
You may also want to watch:
“It was groundbreaking when it came out in the sixties and that tradition has carried on.”
William Shatner, who played Captain Kirk in the original series, dodged questions about rumours he may be featuring in the upcoming Star Trek 3 film, saying he was “sworn to silence.”
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
He was, however, enthusiastic about the convention, saying he was having the “best time” at the “wonderful event.”
Other activities for fans to engage with included a make-up demonstration and seeing some of the recreated sets.
Enrique Contreras travelled all the way from Spain to be at the convention.
He said: “I came here in 2012 and I’m very happy to be here again to see all my trekkie friends.”