Video: Festive fun comes to ExCeL with Simply Christmas show
- Credit: Archant
Christmas lovers flocked to the ExCeL this weekend to shop, eat and get crafty in style.
From festive food and drink to decorations and handmade gifts, Simply Christmas showcased everything seasonal you could think of.
Gift-wrapping expert Arona Khan was on hand to show off some speedy work with wrapping paper throughout the weekend, while there was the chance to kick back and relax with some mulled wine at the bar – once you’d splashed the cash on gifts for loved ones, naturally.
Television craft experts Julie Peasgood and Wendy Turner Webster, who present TLC’s Crafty Beggars, taught visitors how to make sock teddies and desk hogs for a unique Christmas present.
“We’re going to keep going until we run out,” said Wendy.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had lots of people come up to us and want to make something, which is great.
“We did one at the NEC [in Birmingham] earlier in the year and it was good fun.”
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 5 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 6 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
The three-day event also featured make and take workshops and live music.
Christmas is just a few weeks away, but it came early to the banks of the Royal Docks.