Video: Diversity judge school dance competition at Westfield Stratford City
- Credit: Archant
They may have won a television talent show, but Diversity became the judges at a dance competition at Westfield Stratford City.
Jordan Banjo and Perri Kiely were at the shopping centre yesterday to watch children battle it out on stage to win a £150,000 makeover for their school.
The six finalists fought off competition from 500 other schools to perform on the specially commissioned dance floor, which captures the energy created by the dance steps and harvests it to create electricity.
Perri and Jordan said: “We were really impressed by the dancing we saw today.
“The kids brought some electric moves to the floor and generated a lot of energy.
“It’s been great to judge the Generation Green Energy Performance; using new technology like a dance floor that turns movement into electricity makes energy easier to understand and much more exciting to learn about.”
The competition was organised by British Gas in a bid to bring energy to life, with winners chosen based on creativity and the amount of energy they created.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
You can take to the dancefloor yourself as it will be in place until Sunday.