Video: CCTV released of Forest Gate assault
- Credit: Archant
A man who left a woman beaten and bruised after stealing her mobile phone is being sought by police.
Detectives are looking for a man pictured in connection with the incident in the early hours of Saturday, February 20.
Officers were called to reports of a robbery in Norwich Road, Forest Gate, shortly before 4.30am. The 31-year-old woman had got off a night bus and was asked what she was doing by a man on the opposite side of the road.
The suspect, holding a bottle in his hand, crossed the road and knocked the phone out of her hand.
After pushing her in the street and kicking her, he then punched her in the head and she fell to the floor.
The man then left the woman lying on the pavement, bruised and without her phone.
The woman made her way to nearby house and raised the alarm. She was later treated by London Ambulance Service for cuts to her forehead.
- 1 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 3 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 4 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 5 Kehrer can 'bring a number of things' to West Ham United
- 6 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 7 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 8 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
The suspect is described as a black man with short black hair and a black beard wearing a black padded jacket, dark trousers and carrying a bottle of red wine.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 or quoting reference number 205465 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.