Video: Amy Childs hula-hoops to launch dance classes at Westfield Stratford City
- Credit: Archant
Hula-hooping with Amy Childs isn’t the way many 83 year olds spent their birthdays.
But one senior citizen did just that by joining the former TOWIE star at the launch of a series of weekly dance workshops at Westfield Stratford City.
Fans crowded around to watch Childs kickstart the shopping centre’s Big Dance workshops in Chestnut Plaza yesterday morning and even had a go at spinning a few hoops themselves.
After the event Childs retweeted a photo of herself in action on Twitter, adding that she “loved” the experience.
The free Tuesday evening dance classes at Westfield will cover the A to Z of dance, including everything from African to Zorba.
You may also want to watch:
Each session will begin with a short demonstration followed by 25 minute workshops, offering shoppers the chance to try a style that they may have never even thought about.
Classes take place every Tuesday between 6pm and 9pm until July 22, with next week’s sessions including Irish dancing, jive, classical Hindi dance Kathak and the lindy hop.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
See the picture gallery on the right for more photos.