VICTOR’S VIEW: Odds-on Grant is a better bet
Betting guru Victor Chandler goes through this week’s best bets for West Ham, Orient and the Daggers
COULD Avram Grant have turned things around? His price to still be the West Ham manager at the end of the season is now odds-on (8/11) for the first time in a while, so things could be looking up for Hammers fans, despite the defeat at Newcastle on Wednesday night.
But I would suggest you avoid backing them in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday. They are at home to Barnsley, but at 4/7 I would stay clear. The 9/2 on Barnsley is much more appealing.
Leyton Orient have a great away day in store in the FA Cup when they meet Norwich City at Carrow Road, and again the price on them is quite tempting.
The O’s are 5/1 and that could look big when the Norwich team sheet arrives.
Expect Paul Lambert to make a lot of changes, and that might just give Russell Slade’s men a squeak of pulling off a shock.
They are going into the match on a high as well after a cracking victory against Colchester, so get on!
- 1 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 2 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 3 Man charged with Beckton murder as victim named
- 4 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 5 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 8 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 9 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 10 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
The Daggers play host to Rochdale on Saturday in a must-win game. Rochdale have won their last two matches, but the Daggers price is a decent one at 7/5, and they are worth an interest.
? BEST BET: If I had one bet on the weekend it would be to back the O’s at 5’s at Norwich City. It doesn’t make sense on paper, but it is the FA Cup after all.
All these odds are available at www.victorchandler.com