VICTOR’S VIEW: Odds-on Grant is a better bet
Betting guru Victor Chandler goes through this week’s best bets for West Ham, Orient and the Daggers
COULD Avram Grant have turned things around? His price to still be the West Ham manager at the end of the season is now odds-on (8/11) for the first time in a while, so things could be looking up for Hammers fans, despite the defeat at Newcastle on Wednesday night.
But I would suggest you avoid backing them in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday. They are at home to Barnsley, but at 4/7 I would stay clear. The 9/2 on Barnsley is much more appealing.
Leyton Orient have a great away day in store in the FA Cup when they meet Norwich City at Carrow Road, and again the price on them is quite tempting.
The O’s are 5/1 and that could look big when the Norwich team sheet arrives.
You may also want to watch:
Expect Paul Lambert to make a lot of changes, and that might just give Russell Slade’s men a squeak of pulling off a shock.
They are going into the match on a high as well after a cracking victory against Colchester, so get on!
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 10 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
The Daggers play host to Rochdale on Saturday in a must-win game. Rochdale have won their last two matches, but the Daggers price is a decent one at 7/5, and they are worth an interest.
? BEST BET: If I had one bet on the weekend it would be to back the O’s at 5’s at Norwich City. It doesn’t make sense on paper, but it is the FA Cup after all.
All these odds are available at www.victorchandler.com