VICTOR’S VIEW: Odds-on Grant is a better bet
Betting guru Victor Chandler goes through this week’s best bets for West Ham, Orient and the Daggers
COULD Avram Grant have turned things around? His price to still be the West Ham manager at the end of the season is now odds-on (8/11) for the first time in a while, so things could be looking up for Hammers fans, despite the defeat at Newcastle on Wednesday night.
But I would suggest you avoid backing them in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday. They are at home to Barnsley, but at 4/7 I would stay clear. The 9/2 on Barnsley is much more appealing.
Leyton Orient have a great away day in store in the FA Cup when they meet Norwich City at Carrow Road, and again the price on them is quite tempting.
The O’s are 5/1 and that could look big when the Norwich team sheet arrives.
Expect Paul Lambert to make a lot of changes, and that might just give Russell Slade’s men a squeak of pulling off a shock.
They are going into the match on a high as well after a cracking victory against Colchester, so get on!
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 7 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 8 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 9 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay
- 10 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
The Daggers play host to Rochdale on Saturday in a must-win game. Rochdale have won their last two matches, but the Daggers price is a decent one at 7/5, and they are worth an interest.
? BEST BET: If I had one bet on the weekend it would be to back the O’s at 5’s at Norwich City. It doesn’t make sense on paper, but it is the FA Cup after all.
All these odds are available at www.victorchandler.com