VICTOR’S VIEW: Hammers back to square one
Betting guru Victor Chandler goes through this week’s best bets for West Ham and Orient
Well everything seemed rosy in the Hammers camp a week ago. They were winning again and it looked like Grant had turned it around.
Cue Sunday and a disastrous home defeat to Birmingham City and it’s all back to doom and gloom.
They travel to West Brom on Saturday and Grant must be thinking that if he were to lose here, things could turn against him.
It’s a vital game and we are a stand-out price of 14/5 on the Hammers, a big price against a side that has just dumped their manager, and it could be huge value.
With Keane and Demba Ba on board, and Victor Obinna on fire, the race to be the top Premier League goalscorer could hot up.
Piquionne with six goals is 11/10, with Parker (4) at 4/1 and Obinna (3) and Cole (3) both at 5/1. Keane and Ba are both at 14/1.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 4 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 7 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
The O’s are climbing up the league and could be on their way to safety, but the Daggers are the exact opposite.
They are rock bottom and are now 7/4 to stay up. They have got games in hand though, so that might appeal to some.
My bet of the week though is Ipswich to beat Barnsley away on Saturday at 15/8. Get on!
All these odds are available online at www.victorchandler.com