VICTOR’S VIEW: Grant’s tenure is in the balance
Betting guru Victor Chandler goes through this week’s best bets for West Ham, Orient and the Daggers
Avram Grant’s tenure at Upton Park still remains in the balance, and he is the hot favourite to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post.
We have him in at 1/2, so things are looking pretty grim for Avram and the fact that the likes of Martin Jol and Sam Allardyce are available now - to name but two - could hasten his departure, and he needs something to happen.
If you think that something will happen, then the 7/4 that Grant sees out the season might well appeal.
The Hammers travel to Blackburn on Saturday, and a defeat there could be curtains for him. A win though could be the springboard to get out of the scrape they are currently in.
You may also want to watch:
West Ham are the 4/9 favourites to go down, and the Hammers really should not be in a position like that.
Fair play to both Dagenham and The O’s last weekend. Two cracking away wins and they have done their chances of avoiding the drop no harm at all.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
Both are home this Saturday. The Daggers are 15/8 to beat Peterborough, and The O’s are 11/10 to despatch Plymouth, a double that pays over 5/1.
All these odds are available at my website; www.victorchandler.com