VICTOR’S VIEW: Grant’s tenure is in the balance
Betting guru Victor Chandler goes through this week’s best bets for West Ham, Orient and the Daggers
Avram Grant’s tenure at Upton Park still remains in the balance, and he is the hot favourite to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post.
We have him in at 1/2, so things are looking pretty grim for Avram and the fact that the likes of Martin Jol and Sam Allardyce are available now - to name but two - could hasten his departure, and he needs something to happen.
If you think that something will happen, then the 7/4 that Grant sees out the season might well appeal.
The Hammers travel to Blackburn on Saturday, and a defeat there could be curtains for him. A win though could be the springboard to get out of the scrape they are currently in.
You may also want to watch:
West Ham are the 4/9 favourites to go down, and the Hammers really should not be in a position like that.
Fair play to both Dagenham and The O’s last weekend. Two cracking away wins and they have done their chances of avoiding the drop no harm at all.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
Both are home this Saturday. The Daggers are 15/8 to beat Peterborough, and The O’s are 11/10 to despatch Plymouth, a double that pays over 5/1.
All these odds are available at my website; www.victorchandler.com