‘Very limited service’ on National Rail services through Newham after person hit by train at Brentwood
- Credit: Archant
Rail services through Newham are delayed and cancelled this morning after a person was hit by a train at Brentwood.
Greater Anglia tweeted at 8.46am: “Customers are asked NOT to travel unless your journey is absolutely necessary. Very limited service running Gidea P-London.”
The line runs through Stratford, Maryland, Forest Gate and Manor Park, then on to Ilford, Seven Kings, Chadwell Heath, Romford, Gidea Park, Harold Wood, Brentwood and Shenfield.
Greater Anglia said c2c, TfL buses and Tube trains would accept its tickets on all “reasonable” routes.
At 8.39am, its official Twitter account said “current advice” was that delays would be “approx 60mins”.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We can’t run trains at the moment while emergency services are on site.”
Check back for further updates.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham