Use it or lose it: Newham residents urged to register with GP
Health bosses are urging Newham residents to make sure they keep their GP registrations up to date.
NHS North East London and the City are writing to people who are registered with a GP practice but have not used doctor’s services recently
They are reminding people to make sure they fill out and return a form if they receive a letter from the authority.
A spokeswoman for the authroity said responding will not only help ensure that local GP practices are providing the right services for their patients it will also help the local NHS receives the correct funding to invest in patient care.
People who don’ fill in and return the form run the risk of being removed from their GP practice list as the local NHS may assume that you have moved away and no longer require to be registered to a GP practice in your area.
You may also want to watch:
Alwen Williams, chief executive of NHS North East London and the City, said: “If you do receive a letter, please do respond to let us know that you still live in the area. If you respond you will not be removed from your GP practice list.
“The letter is quick and easy to reply to. Just fill in the few details that we ask for and use the pre-paid envelope to post it for free.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
“It is really important for us to be able to plan the care we provide to our patients.”
If you or someone you know needs a translation of the letter it is available online in a number of different languages. The letters can be found on the website: www.sbs.nhs.uk/family-health-services/nel-project.
If you want any help with replying to the letter or you want to ask any questions, contact the NHS North East London and the City patient advice and liaison service on free phone 0800 389 3093, or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not registered with a GP practice or you have recently moved into the borough now might be a good time to register with a GP. You can find out about registering with a GP practice near your home by visiting the NHS Choices website: www.nhs.uk and entering your postcode.