Upton Park stop off for cancer sufferer’s 500 mile walkathon
Determined David Annand will walk through Upton Park as part of a 500 mile walking challenge to beat prostate cancer.
David, 49, was diagnosed with prostate cancer in June last year and he started walking the equivalent of London to Cardiff to Glasgow last month to raise awareness and funds for The Prostate Cancer Charity.
David, who works as a marketing manager near his home in Surrey, said: “At a relatively young age, I was diagnosed with prostate caner, which was only identified through a routine blood test.
“After undergoing therapy in November 2011, I felt driven to do something to raise awareness of the disease and also to riase some funds for The Prostate Cancer Charity to help further research into treating advanced prostate cancer.
“By walking 500 miles, in a series of walks over the next 12 months, fitting it in between a busy career, I hope I will help raise both awareness to a much wider audience and valuable funds for the great work this charity do.”
You may also want to watch:
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in men, with one man in the UK dying every hour of the disease.
David will be walking through Upton Park on Saturday April 14 and he intends to complete his challenge in February 2013.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 10 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
To sponsor David, visit www.justgiving.com/david500miles and to find out more about the charity visit www.prostate-cancer.org.uk.