Upton Park road collision leads to ‘attempted murder’ arrest
- Credit: Getty Images
A 16-year-old remains in a critical condition after he was hit by a car in Plashet Road, according to police.
Officers were called to Plashet Road at about 5.20pm on Saturday after separate reports of a fight and a collision involving a vehicle and a cyclist.
Detectives have since linked the two incidents and arrested a 26-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder. He has been released on police bail until early February pending further enquiries.
The teenage cyclist was taken to hospital suffering a head injury.
Enquiries are continuing. Anyone with information should call Trident on 020 7721 7355 or 101 quoting Operation Gazanta.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault