Upton Park couple accused of killing with table leg
A man and woman accused of killing a murder victim with a table leg five years ago have appeared at the Old Bailey.
Lilu Miah, 47, and Gedu Bibi, 46, are said to have been involved in the attack on Sumon Miah in Walthamstow, on October 8, 2006.
The 21-year-old suffered massive head injuries and died in hospital nine days later.
Both accused are charged with murder and perverting the course of justice.
Bibi, of Priory Road, Upton Park, appeared on video link from Holloway Prison while Miah, of no fixed address, attended the court hearing.
You may also want to watch:
A second male defendant, Dobir Miah, 36, from Leicester, also appeared in court via a video link from Belmarsh Prison accused of perverting the course of justice.
All three made use of Bengali interpreters and spoke only to confirm their names during the brief hearing.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
They remain in custody and are due back in court to enter pleas on December 21.
The trial has been fixed for April 16 next year.