Upton Park couple accused of killing with table leg
A man and woman accused of killing a murder victim with a table leg five years ago have appeared at the Old Bailey.
Lilu Miah, 47, and Gedu Bibi, 46, are said to have been involved in the attack on Sumon Miah in Walthamstow, on October 8, 2006.
The 21-year-old suffered massive head injuries and died in hospital nine days later.
Both accused are charged with murder and perverting the course of justice.
Bibi, of Priory Road, Upton Park, appeared on video link from Holloway Prison while Miah, of no fixed address, attended the court hearing.
You may also want to watch:
A second male defendant, Dobir Miah, 36, from Leicester, also appeared in court via a video link from Belmarsh Prison accused of perverting the course of justice.
All three made use of Bengali interpreters and spoke only to confirm their names during the brief hearing.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 3 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 4 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 10 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
They remain in custody and are due back in court to enter pleas on December 21.
The trial has been fixed for April 16 next year.