Upton Park couple accused of killing with table leg
A man and woman accused of killing a murder victim with a table leg five years ago have appeared at the Old Bailey.
Lilu Miah, 47, and Gedu Bibi, 46, are said to have been involved in the attack on Sumon Miah in Walthamstow, on October 8, 2006.
The 21-year-old suffered massive head injuries and died in hospital nine days later.
Both accused are charged with murder and perverting the course of justice.
Bibi, of Priory Road, Upton Park, appeared on video link from Holloway Prison while Miah, of no fixed address, attended the court hearing.
A second male defendant, Dobir Miah, 36, from Leicester, also appeared in court via a video link from Belmarsh Prison accused of perverting the course of justice.
All three made use of Bengali interpreters and spoke only to confirm their names during the brief hearing.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 4 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 5 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 6 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 7 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 8 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 9 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 10 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
They remain in custody and are due back in court to enter pleas on December 21.
The trial has been fixed for April 16 next year.