Person dies after being hit by train at Upton Park station
- Credit: Archant
A person was killed after being hit by a train at Upton Park underground station this morning.
Emergency services were called to the station shortly before 10.30am.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: "We dispatched a number of resources to the scene including our hazardous area response team, an incident response officer and London's Air Ambulance.
"Sadly, despite the efforts of medics, a person was pronounced dead at the scene."
Further information about the victim has not yet been released.
You may also want to watch:
Upton Park Station is currently closed and no trains are stopping there.
There are severe delays on the District and the Hammersmith and City lines currently, which were both partly suspended earlier whist emergency services dealt with the incident.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 5 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Leyton Orient searching for a new manager as they bid farewell to McAnuff
- 9 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 10 Newham bids farewell in claret and blue as charity founder is laid to rest
Green Street was also blocked in both directions outside Upton Park station, but has now reopened, with bus services returning to normal.
There is also minor disruption on the Circle line.