Update: Young woman, 18, airlifted to hospital after falling from building in Forest Gate
A young woman was taken by air ambulance to hospital after falling from a building in Forest Gate this afternoon.
The woman, about 18, is understood to have fallen from the building in Nursery Lane at shortly after 1.40pm.
Emergency services closed off a section of Romford Road in Forest Gate following the incident
The junction with Woodgrange Road was shut off around 1.30pm to allow the London Air Ambulance to land opposite Emmanuel Church.
Emergency services including the police were deployed after reports of a person falling from a building were received.
You may also want to watch:
A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: “The young woman was taken by London Air Ambulance to an East London hospital where her condition is said to be serious but stable. It is understood she is suffering from multiple injuries.”
The incident is being treated as non suspicious by local officers.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham