Update: Young woman, 18, airlifted to hospital after falling from building in Forest Gate
A young woman was taken by air ambulance to hospital after falling from a building in Forest Gate this afternoon.
The woman, about 18, is understood to have fallen from the building in Nursery Lane at shortly after 1.40pm.
Emergency services closed off a section of Romford Road in Forest Gate following the incident
The junction with Woodgrange Road was shut off around 1.30pm to allow the London Air Ambulance to land opposite Emmanuel Church.
Emergency services including the police were deployed after reports of a person falling from a building were received.
You may also want to watch:
A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: “The young woman was taken by London Air Ambulance to an East London hospital where her condition is said to be serious but stable. It is understood she is suffering from multiple injuries.”
The incident is being treated as non suspicious by local officers.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Commission set up to explore future of special needs provision in Newham
- 7 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 10 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City