Update: Young woman, 18, airlifted to hospital after falling from building in Forest Gate
A young woman was taken by air ambulance to hospital after falling from a building in Forest Gate this afternoon.
The woman, about 18, is understood to have fallen from the building in Nursery Lane at shortly after 1.40pm.
Emergency services closed off a section of Romford Road in Forest Gate following the incident
The junction with Woodgrange Road was shut off around 1.30pm to allow the London Air Ambulance to land opposite Emmanuel Church.
Emergency services including the police were deployed after reports of a person falling from a building were received.
You may also want to watch:
A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: “The young woman was taken by London Air Ambulance to an East London hospital where her condition is said to be serious but stable. It is understood she is suffering from multiple injuries.”
The incident is being treated as non suspicious by local officers.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 6 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project