Update: Young woman, 18, airlifted to hospital after falling from building in Forest Gate
A young woman was taken by air ambulance to hospital after falling from a building in Forest Gate this afternoon.
The woman, about 18, is understood to have fallen from the building in Nursery Lane at shortly after 1.40pm.
Emergency services closed off a section of Romford Road in Forest Gate following the incident
The junction with Woodgrange Road was shut off around 1.30pm to allow the London Air Ambulance to land opposite Emmanuel Church.
Emergency services including the police were deployed after reports of a person falling from a building were received.
You may also want to watch:
A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: “The young woman was taken by London Air Ambulance to an East London hospital where her condition is said to be serious but stable. It is understood she is suffering from multiple injuries.”
The incident is being treated as non suspicious by local officers.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber