UPDATE: Will Slade stay with Orient?
Hearn turns down Barnsley’s approach
Orient are hoping that manager Russell Slade will sign a new contract and stay with the club, despite becoming a target for Championship side Barnsley.
Chairman Barry Hearn rejected a request from the Yorkshire side to speak to Slade regarding the manager’s job at Oakwell.
Slade, who has a year on his contract to run, has been offered a new long-term deal at Orient and Hearn is desperate to keep him.
The O’s chairman sees Slade as an intergral part of the club’s future and with the contract offer on the table Slade will utimately have to decide whether to sign the deal and stay, or resign.
You may also want to watch:
Slade became the Oakwell club’s number one target after Rochdale boss Keith Hill turned the job down.
It will be a difficult decision for the O’s boss, as it would give him an opportunity to manage in the Championship and it would be much nearer his Scarborough home.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total