UPDATE: Will Slade stay with Orient?
Hearn turns down Barnsley’s approach
Orient are hoping that manager Russell Slade will sign a new contract and stay with the club, despite becoming a target for Championship side Barnsley.
Chairman Barry Hearn rejected a request from the Yorkshire side to speak to Slade regarding the manager’s job at Oakwell.
Slade, who has a year on his contract to run, has been offered a new long-term deal at Orient and Hearn is desperate to keep him.
The O’s chairman sees Slade as an intergral part of the club’s future and with the contract offer on the table Slade will utimately have to decide whether to sign the deal and stay, or resign.
You may also want to watch:
Slade became the Oakwell club’s number one target after Rochdale boss Keith Hill turned the job down.
It will be a difficult decision for the O’s boss, as it would give him an opportunity to manage in the Championship and it would be much nearer his Scarborough home.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines