Update: Tragic lad, nine, dies after road accident in Manor Park
Tragic accident victim, just nine, dies
A young boy injured in a road accident in Manor Park has died in hospital.
Radwan Uddin, just nine, died in Great Ormond Street Hospital this afternoon.
His 12-year-old brother Mahfuj, recieved minor injuries in the accident which led to his brother’s death.
Police were called at just after 7.50pm on Tuesday to the accident in Woodhouse Grove, Manor Park.
You may also want to watch:
A silver Mazda 3 was involved in the accident with two brothers. The boys were riding one bicycle - the younger was on the handlebars, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
Tonight police also revealed that it is now known that the vehicle was then immediately in collision with a parked car. It stopped in Woodhouse Grove and two men left it - a driver and a passenger. They made off on foot.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
A nurse who lives nearby comforted the youngster and gave him medical aid until police and ambulance crews arrived.
Paramedics then took Radwan. a pupil at Kensington School in Manor Park, was taken by London Ambulance Service to hospital suffering from head injuries. He was in a critical condition and died at Great Ormond Street Hospital late this afternoon.
Brother Mahfuj received treatment for minor injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call officers from Chadwell Heath Road Death Investigation Unit on 020 8597 4874; if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Det Insp Mark Cam said “I would also urge anyone
who witnessed the collision to call police immediately.”
Earlier today a 21-year-old-man attended at an east London police station. He was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, failing to stop after a collision, and grievous bodily harm. He was later bailed to return in early August pending further enquiries.
Neighbours told the Recorder today that they heard a loud bang just before the accident. People in the nearby Plashet Park rushed to help the two boys, who are understood to live in Shelley Avenue, just yards from where the incident occurred.