Update: Stabbing victim has died following incident at Westfield Stratford City
Update: Man dies after fight at Westfield Stratford City
One person who received life-threatening injuries following a fight between a group of young men at the Westfield Stratford City Shopping Centre has died.
Police were called shortly before 4.30pm to The Street section of the complex.
A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said that they were called to a fight between a large group of males at 4.24pm.
“Three males in their late teens or early 20s were injured. A man suffering stab wounds, believed to be in his 20s, has now been pronounced dead at the scene. We await formal identification. A post-mortem will be held in due course. We understand two other males received minor injuries. We await further details.”
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service and police are still at the scene.
The area around where the fight occurred has been sealed off.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
A spokeswoman for Westfield confirmed that an incident had taken place this afternoon. “Westfield are working closely with the police and emergency services,” she said.
The areas of the complex leading up to The Street are now being closed off and some shops are closing.
The rest of the complex is still open at the moment.