Update: Stabbing victim has died following incident at Westfield Stratford City
Update: Man dies after fight at Westfield Stratford City
One person who received life-threatening injuries following a fight between a group of young men at the Westfield Stratford City Shopping Centre has died.
Police were called shortly before 4.30pm to The Street section of the complex.
A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said that they were called to a fight between a large group of males at 4.24pm.
“Three males in their late teens or early 20s were injured. A man suffering stab wounds, believed to be in his 20s, has now been pronounced dead at the scene. We await formal identification. A post-mortem will be held in due course. We understand two other males received minor injuries. We await further details.”
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service and police are still at the scene.
The area around where the fight occurred has been sealed off.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
A spokeswoman for Westfield confirmed that an incident had taken place this afternoon. “Westfield are working closely with the police and emergency services,” she said.
The areas of the complex leading up to The Street are now being closed off and some shops are closing.
The rest of the complex is still open at the moment.