Update: Stabbing victim has died following incident at Westfield Stratford City
Update: Man dies after fight at Westfield Stratford City
One person who received life-threatening injuries following a fight between a group of young men at the Westfield Stratford City Shopping Centre has died.
Police were called shortly before 4.30pm to The Street section of the complex.
A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said that they were called to a fight between a large group of males at 4.24pm.
“Three males in their late teens or early 20s were injured. A man suffering stab wounds, believed to be in his 20s, has now been pronounced dead at the scene. We await formal identification. A post-mortem will be held in due course. We understand two other males received minor injuries. We await further details.”
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service and police are still at the scene.
The area around where the fight occurred has been sealed off.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 10 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
A spokeswoman for Westfield confirmed that an incident had taken place this afternoon. “Westfield are working closely with the police and emergency services,” she said.
The areas of the complex leading up to The Street are now being closed off and some shops are closing.
The rest of the complex is still open at the moment.