Update: Stabbing victim has died following incident at Westfield Stratford City
Update: Man dies after fight at Westfield Stratford City
One person who received life-threatening injuries following a fight between a group of young men at the Westfield Stratford City Shopping Centre has died.
Police were called shortly before 4.30pm to The Street section of the complex.
A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said that they were called to a fight between a large group of males at 4.24pm.
“Three males in their late teens or early 20s were injured. A man suffering stab wounds, believed to be in his 20s, has now been pronounced dead at the scene. We await formal identification. A post-mortem will be held in due course. We understand two other males received minor injuries. We await further details.”
London Ambulance Service and police are still at the scene.
The area around where the fight occurred has been sealed off.
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 3 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 4 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 5 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 6 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 7 Romford West Ham fan accused of harassing Jewish man on flight
- 8 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 9 'Staffing crisis' impacts hospice's end of life care service
- 10 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
A spokeswoman for Westfield confirmed that an incident had taken place this afternoon. “Westfield are working closely with the police and emergency services,” she said.
The areas of the complex leading up to The Street are now being closed off and some shops are closing.
The rest of the complex is still open at the moment.