Update: Man dies after car and bus in road accident in Manor Park
More details have emerged following a road accident between a car and a bus in which a man died.
Police are still appealing for witnesses and information following the accident between the car a bus in Manor Park.
The accident happened at around 12.15am on Saturday. The car was involved in the accident with the bus in High Street North, near the junction with Romford Road.
The red Ford Ka was travelling north and the late-night double-decker bus was travelling south.
The car contained a woman driver and four passengers, three men and woman.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said the driver, aged 22, suffered minor injuries. She was arrested on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol, and subsequently causing death by dangerous driving.
She was interviewed at Forest Gate police station and later bailed to return in mid-August pending further inquiries.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
One of the rear passengers in the car, who, it is understood, was thrown from the vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene.
He is Zeeshan Choudhary, 29, from Romford.
A post-mortem revealed his died from multiple injuries.
Another rear passenger, a 19-year-old man, was taken to hospital and remains in a serious but stable condition.
The front passenger in the car, a 17-year-old girl was knocked unconscious but suffered only minor injuries.
A third rear seat passenger, a man, left the scene prior to police arrival but later returned.
The bus driver was also taken to hospital but was not seriously injured.
Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath are appealing to trace witnesses who may have seen the events leading up to the accident, the collision itself and the events that followed
The road was closed for several hours after the accident.
Anyone who can assist should call (020) 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.