UPDATE: Death of woman, 36, in Forest Gate linked to helium gas
The death of a woman at a flat in Forest Gate has been linked to helium gas.
The body of Christina Veiga, 36, was discovered at a property in Station Road yesterday evening.
Ms Veiga, believed to be from Portugal, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police and ambulance crews were called at 5.45pm following reports of a suspected “chemical incident”.
A police spokeswoman said: “London Fire Brigade attended following reports of an unknown gas substance in the address.
You may also want to watch:
“This was later confirmed as a helium gas cylinder, which was made safe.”
The death is not being treated as suspicious and the cause of death is not yet known.
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
A postmortem is due to take place tomorrow.