Unwavering support for Macmillan Cancer Care from Beckton community
A recession could not halt the annual generosity of residents and friends in Beckton who got together again to raise money for a worthy cause.
Jean Field, of Shaftesbury Court sheltered housing accommodation in Sapphire Close, holds a coffee morning full of refreshments and activities for her neighbours and the local community every year.
The cheery group fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Care, a cause particularly close to Jean’s heart, who support nurses and volunteers who care for those with the life-threatening disease.
Everyone pitched in with the refreshments and cake while a couple of the residents ran a raffle and made a tombola for entertainment.
The charitable bunch raised just over �260 for Macmillan Cancer Care.
You may also want to watch:
Generous Jean said: “The money was raised by people who live on the premises along with some friends, some relations and carers.
“It was a very successful morning.”
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
Jean also wanted to extend her thanks to Mr Patel at her local Post Office for his contribution to the cause.