Unwavering support for Macmillan Cancer Care from Beckton community
A recession could not halt the annual generosity of residents and friends in Beckton who got together again to raise money for a worthy cause.
Jean Field, of Shaftesbury Court sheltered housing accommodation in Sapphire Close, holds a coffee morning full of refreshments and activities for her neighbours and the local community every year.
The cheery group fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Care, a cause particularly close to Jean’s heart, who support nurses and volunteers who care for those with the life-threatening disease.
Everyone pitched in with the refreshments and cake while a couple of the residents ran a raffle and made a tombola for entertainment.
The charitable bunch raised just over �260 for Macmillan Cancer Care.
You may also want to watch:
Generous Jean said: “The money was raised by people who live on the premises along with some friends, some relations and carers.
“It was a very successful morning.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 7 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 8 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 9 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
Jean also wanted to extend her thanks to Mr Patel at her local Post Office for his contribution to the cause.