University of East London to open its doors this weekend in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Students and parents can visit an east London university this weekend for its first open day of the new year.
The University of East London (UEL) will open its doors on January 18 January from 11.30am to 3.30pm to allow visitors a chance to explore its new facilities.
The free event will run at UEL campuses in both Stratford and Docklands, and at the brand new University Stratford Square education hub.
The open day will focus on course information and the admissions process, as well as supporting applications for September 2014 and postgraduate study starting February 2014.
Organisers hope the event will allow prospective students discover what the university has to offer, including postgraduate scholarships starting February with a 50 per cent discount on tuition fees.
You may also want to watch:
Academic staff will be available to answer students’ questions and there will be expert advice and information about student support services, finance, accommodation, careers and employability.
Prof John Joughin, UEL vice-Chancellor, said: “Our open days give students a great chance to see our impressive, modern facilities and to learn more about our outstanding undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
“Attending the open day often represents a really positive initial step towards studying at UEL and, ultimately, fulfilling your career aims.”
Visitors must book ahead to attend the open day.
For more information visit www.uel.ac.uk or call 020 8223 3333.