University of East London to open its doors this weekend in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Students and parents can visit an east London university this weekend for its first open day of the new year.
The University of East London (UEL) will open its doors on January 18 January from 11.30am to 3.30pm to allow visitors a chance to explore its new facilities.
The free event will run at UEL campuses in both Stratford and Docklands, and at the brand new University Stratford Square education hub.
The open day will focus on course information and the admissions process, as well as supporting applications for September 2014 and postgraduate study starting February 2014.
Organisers hope the event will allow prospective students discover what the university has to offer, including postgraduate scholarships starting February with a 50 per cent discount on tuition fees.
Academic staff will be available to answer students’ questions and there will be expert advice and information about student support services, finance, accommodation, careers and employability.
Prof John Joughin, UEL vice-Chancellor, said: “Our open days give students a great chance to see our impressive, modern facilities and to learn more about our outstanding undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 3 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 4 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 West Ham United fall to Nottingham Forest
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
“Attending the open day often represents a really positive initial step towards studying at UEL and, ultimately, fulfilling your career aims.”
Visitors must book ahead to attend the open day.
For more information visit www.uel.ac.uk or call 020 8223 3333.