University of East London to open its doors this weekend in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Students and parents can visit an east London university this weekend for its first open day of the new year.
The University of East London (UEL) will open its doors on January 18 January from 11.30am to 3.30pm to allow visitors a chance to explore its new facilities.
The free event will run at UEL campuses in both Stratford and Docklands, and at the brand new University Stratford Square education hub.
The open day will focus on course information and the admissions process, as well as supporting applications for September 2014 and postgraduate study starting February 2014.
Organisers hope the event will allow prospective students discover what the university has to offer, including postgraduate scholarships starting February with a 50 per cent discount on tuition fees.
You may also want to watch:
Academic staff will be available to answer students’ questions and there will be expert advice and information about student support services, finance, accommodation, careers and employability.
Prof John Joughin, UEL vice-Chancellor, said: “Our open days give students a great chance to see our impressive, modern facilities and to learn more about our outstanding undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
“Attending the open day often represents a really positive initial step towards studying at UEL and, ultimately, fulfilling your career aims.”
Visitors must book ahead to attend the open day.
For more information visit www.uel.ac.uk or call 020 8223 3333.