Under the Stars returns to East Ham
- Credit: sarah london
The annual four-day free music spectacular that is Under the Stars will kick off on Thursday in East Ham.
It will provide four nights of live outdoor music with something to suit every taste from August 15 to August 18.
Gates at Central Park will open at 6.30pm every night and the first night will get people in the mood with Jazz in the Park, followed by some of the finest Asian beats on Friday and a chance to get back to the boogie on Saturday. The music festival culminates with a night at the proms on Sunday when the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra will fill the summer night with classical sounds.
Jazz in the Park tomorrow promises to be an evening of fantastic jazz music with toe tapping live performances.
It will include Incognito, The Brand New Heavies, Ciyo Brown and DJs James Anthony and Ash Selector.
You may also want to watch:
A small corner of Newham will be dancing to some of the finest Asian tunes on Friday as Eastern Beats gets the weekend going.
You can expect Taz Stereo Nation, Juggy D, Gaana Rajas as well as Ali Abbas and Juggling Inferno’s Fire Show. Kiss FM’s DJ Neev will also be there.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
Proving that Saturday nights are for partying, the organisers will take everyone back to the boogie with an evening of foot stomping performances. Boney M featuring Liz Mitchell,Imagination and The Real Thing will all whisk you off your feet with help from DJ’s James Anthony and Ash Selector.
Proms in the Park on Sunday will feature the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra who fill the summer evening air with classical sounds to bring the four-day musical extravaganza to a close. This year, for the first time, the orchestra will play a piece of classical music chosen by the public.
Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales, said: “This year’s amazing line-up includes something for everyone. Under the Stars is always a wonderfully good spirited event when residents sing and dance the night away together. Best of all it’s all completely free!
“We invite people to bring a picnic, invite friends and family and have an unforgettable time. We hope everyone has a good time. It promises to be another sparkling four nights and we will continue to create opportunities for our community to do things together for free.”
There is no public parking and people are advised to use public transport.
For more details go to http://www.newham.com/live/summer/under_the_stars/413,10,0,0.html#sthash.BHyWwQAR.dpuf